Friday, November 19, 2010

A Disease Called Procrastination


This week has been quite difficult to describe, in terms of academic and emotional sense.

Monday, it was the first time for me to come late to the IO class. Well, it was about human rights, something that I am not really interested in, relatively, compared to the more theoretical or political-economic issues. *yes, I am trying to be a new fan of IPE I suppose. :p Dunno why, but I felt a bit sleepy and unlike the previous weeks, I didn't even take a note! Second lecturer on Monday was as interesting as always, the super-lecturer Dr. Jennifer Hudson, everybody's favorite so far. :) Well, the topic was something about ethnography though, something quite irrelevant. :p

Oh ya, I had a puasa arafah, so happy that the maghrib was at 4.15. :) I had a nice fast-breaking dinner with the girls from the ISOC, after joined a jamaah maghrib. *always love this kind of opportunity* Unfortunately I had to rush for my research method seminar at 5, but it was okay.

Tuesday was Idul Adha. With the permission to skip a class from my Public Policy Economics class, I went to Grosvenor Square instead of Gower Street. It was not so impressive, Idul Adha in the embassy. It started 30 minutes late, couldn't hear the khutbah, but still, so grateful that I could still joined the prayer. Again, unfortunately, I have to rushed to Gower Street for my favorite lecture, Theories of IR (in which I am only sitting in!), since it was about the "Responsibility to Protect" and its relations to sovereignty, something did not exist yet during my undergrad era (kesannya aku tua banget!! hahahaha, emang iyah :p).

But the most anticipated moment of the day is the TIR seminar! Yes, we had a role play on Responsibility to Protect, discussing it from the point of view of the greatest IR scholars, thinkers and practitioners. From Hans Morgenthau to John Mearsheimer, from Finnemore to Wendt, and from Karl Marx to Robert Cox. I was Robert Kagan! (can you imagine someone wearing hijab saying that invading Iraq is good for the sake of the security of the liberal world, and blah-blah-blah??!! ahhahaha). It was fun!

Then, we had the economics seminar in the afternoon.

By the way, about economics...I think I have a homework. A serious one. A difficult one. Actually I have to finish it tonight. And I think I haven't started anything. So...what am I doing now? Blogging. Yeah, right!

People, this is a perfect example of a disease called procrastination. I am kind of intimidated by Economics...so avoiding it kind of make me feel better...for a while. :p

Well, now it's time to conquer the disease!!!! Yay! *yawn* T_T

*Dear economics, why d'you have to be so complicated and uninteresting....??? T_T

5 comments:

  1. @Shanon: yes, I know you're gonna say that. But sometimes for political science, ethnography wouldn't be the best choice. :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. aku bahkan harus buka kamus dulu buat tau arti "procrastination" >_<

    ReplyDelete
  3. huahahha, Mumun, baru liat komenmu.:) Berrati mungkin karena dirimu tidak pernah kena penyakit itu. :D

    ReplyDelete