Saturday, June 25, 2011

When I feel 'unable to define'...















When I feel this way, I will usually visit this blog. It has some sort of galau-ness in its tone, if you ask me, which feels good. haha. The blog is no longer being updated. The writer said he had lost his "mojo" to write. Unfortunately. Despite these, I always find interesting things, sometimes just to read, many times to inspire, most of the time to make me wonder, but often to make myself feel more awful...lol.

This particular post is interesting for today. Yes,I have never asked this question before, despite my new obsession with conceptualization, operationalization, and measurements (lol, thanks to King, Keohane and Verba - 1994.)

"how do you measure a year in a life?"

"Yeah, measure it in love!"

"2004 - 2 major crushes, 1 CLBK, 2 amazing journeys, 14 articles on MTV Trax, 2 converses, 15 musical stages, 6 acappela lives, 1st harry potter, 2 bouquets of flowers, 0 ketupat!"

See? It makes me feel much more awful. :p

Yet, awfulness is another thing in life to be grateful of...so that you can feel super-grateful when - in some other times - you find awesomeness. (opo seeh? :p)

Another thing I love to do in such a mood is to re-publish some poems. This time, I find a poem titled "Hujan Bulan Juni" ("June Rain") by Sapardi Djoko Damono is most relevant and representative. :D Check this out:


tak ada yang lebih tabah dari hujan bulan juni
dirahasiakannya rintik rindunya kepada pohon berbunga itu

tak ada yang lebih bijak dari hujan bulan juni
dihapusnya jejak-jejak kakinya yang ragu-ragu di jalan itu

tak ada yang lebih arif dari hujan bulan juni
dibiarkannya yang tak terucapkan diserap akar pohon bunga itu

***

Alright, now it is time to stop procrastinating and get back to real life which means...the dissertation!!!! Oh boy...

*picture was taken by me in London, Spring 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment